About Wainwright & District Chamber of Commerce
Description & Skills:
The Administrative Assistant is accountable to and reports to the Wainwright and District Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for cultivating and implementing the Board of Directors' strategic direction and ensuring the long-term viability and relevance.
This is achieved by, but not limited to, the following:
- Operational Duties
- Provide administrative support, including member communications, which includes phone and email monitoring and regular member management and reporting to the Board.
- Effectively communicating with members, stakeholders, and the community regarding the Chamber's initiatives and priorities.
- Managing the coordination of the Chamber website and social media presence.
- Act in the Ex-Officio role at all Board meetings, including communication with the Chamber President, other Board Members and Committee Chairs on an as required basis.
- Preparing, directing, and implementing operational policies and programs to achieve the Chamber's strategic plans.
- Identifying issues and opportunities and addressing the ongoing needs of the business community.
This includes overseeing events, promotion and programs that will consist of, but will not be limited to:
- Planning and support in the delivery of the Annual General Meeting.
- Organization and delivery of a lunch and learn program and other guest speaker events.
- Coordination of business area round table meetings.
- Promoting business development and retention of business in Wainwright and District, with a focus on membership sales and sponsor engagement. This is a core area to expand upon for the Wainwright and District Chamber of Commerce.
- Supporting the development of the Board of Directors, both individually and as a group, to support the organization's good governance
The candidate should have:
- Demonstrated organizational, entrepreneurial, leadership and management ability
- Demonstrated issues management experience
- Confidence and experience with sales
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be passionate about the Wainwright and District community
- Have a strong understanding of Quick Books online portal
A detailed Work Agreement will be provided that will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate and reflect the expectations as presented above. The Wainwright and District Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity organization and thanks to all applicants in advance; however, only those who are shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- 10-12 hours a week
- Wainwright, AB