Reporting to the Superintendent of Schools and Deputy Superintendent, Buffalo Trail Public Schools requires an Executive Assistant commencing September 22, 2021, or at a mutually agreeable date. In addition to meeting the following qualifications, the successful applicant will be an effective communicator possessing strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
1. Diploma or certificate from a recognized college or business school.
2. A combination of training and experience in administrative work/human resource management.
3. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. An ability to work independently on multiple projects and priorities.
5. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
6. Strong computer skills with experience with a variety of software and programs.
7. Experience with management of various social media platforms.
1. Support all correspondence as directed by the Superintendent/Deputy Superintendent.
2. Provide assistance to the offices of the Superintendent/Deputy Superintendent.
3. Provide first point of contact for inquiries directed to the above offices.
4. Produce and maintain jurisdictional communications including social media, newspapers, and website.
5. Develop and maintain accurate record keeping for the recruitment, selection, deployment, and retention of staff as well as other aspects of human resources.
6. Provide assistance in jurisdictional research.
7. Maintain records as needed as per the record management system.
8. Carry out such other responsibilities as from time to time may be delegated.
BTPS offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
About Buffalo Trail Public Schools
School division serving approximately 4000 students, from Kindergarten to Grade 12, attend Buffalo Trail Public Schools.
The division covers approximately 14,250 square kilometers in East-Central Alberta.
The division employs approximately 525 full and part time teachers and support staff.
The division has 28 school sites (including eight Hutterite Colony Schools, one Outreach site, one distance learning site and 18 other schools serving students, in varying grade combinations, from ECS-Grade 12).
The residents of Buffalo Trail Public Schools are served by nine trustees, each representing a ward in the division.
Over the past several years, Buffalo Trail Public Schools has had one of the highest percentages of student high school graduation rates in the province.
The division is also recognized for having one of the highest student transition to post-secondary rates in the province.