A key element of excellent service is to identify the financial needs of each member and recommend an appropriate credit union solution. In addition, the role of the Financial Services Officer is to provide outstanding service to members, matching credit union products to members’ needs; marketing the organization’s products and services; actively soliciting membership growth opportunities, and personal lending and account services to current members and potential members. This position responds to member inquiries and takes action as required and in compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Working as part of a team you will:
- Identify and act upon opportunities to promote Encompass Credit Union products and services to be both favorable to the member and organization.
- Key source for consumer, residential mortgage, small business, sole proprietorship, and partnership lending inquiries.
- Conduct normal follow‑up on delinquent accounts and maintain a systematic collection procedure for early identification of problem accounts and promptly initiate or recommend appropriate action to minimize risk.
- Provide individualized financial counseling and information on loan services and deposit products offered through Encompass Credit Union Ltd.
- Approve consumer loans, mortgages, and small business loans (unincorporated non-agricultural loans) within designated limits or prepare and recommend for approval to the required authority level.
- Actively solicit new business opportunities within community and/or trading area through personal contact, cold calling, report analysis, and follow-up on referrals from other staff.
- Enthusiastically participate in various marketing campaigns, internal committees, community involvement and image building of the Credit Union.
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma with additional courses in computer literacy; active participant in Credit Union Institute of Canada General Studies program.
- Applied banking and business certificate from a recognized post-secondary institute, or equivalent is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in a Credit Union or other financial institution or related field.
- 5 years or more of Credit Union banking system experience or other financial institution equivalent; background education in accounting or business administration an asset.
- A self-motivated individual who is a quick learner and is committed to self-development and personal growth.
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal; analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- High level of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Time/priority management; planning, organizing, implementing and skills.
Our compensation includes:
- Competitive salary starting at $50,220 per year ($25.75 per hour).
- A comprehensive benefits package including employer paid Health, Dental, Employee & Family Assistance Program, virtual telehealth provider, and yearly Health Care Spending Account.
- Group life, dependent life, disability, and critical illness insurance.
- Employer matched pension program.
- A variable base (bonus) pay program.
- Yearly educational allowance for on-going professional development.
- Paid vacation and personal days upon hire.
- Staff rates on Encompass Credit Union products and services.
Our closing date is April 5, 2021, or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for pre-employment assessments and interviews.
About Encompass Credit Union
We are a Credit Union. A credit union is a member-owned financial cooperative, controlled by its members and operated on the principle of people helping people; providing its members credit at competitive rates and high quality service for all of their financial needs. And for those members who prefer to do things on their own time, we have the technology they need to do everything from home; even account openings, loans, and investments!
As a not-for-profit organization, we take pride in our communities and see the benefits of giving back through grants, scholarships and community project funding. Our profits are given back to our members each fiscal year. We also value community involvement and actively participate in various local fundraisers and charity events throughout the year. We make a difference in the world around us.