A key element of excellent service is to identify the financial needs of each member and recommend an appropriate credit union solution. In addition, the role of the Member Service Officer is to assist members with non-cash transactions including opening and closing of accounts, member-card services, and troubleshooting of member issues. The member service officer identifies the financial needs of each member recommending and referring credit union products and services where appropriate, presenting a positive, pleasant public image, providing fast, efficient, and personalized service.
Working as part of a team you will:
- Identify and act upon opportunities to promote Encompass Credit Union products and services to be both favorable to the member and organization.
- Responsible for opening and closing personal, business, organizational and Agri-invest accounts.
- Perform both incoming and outgoing wires, and transfers.
- Responsible for ordering MemberCards, MasterCards and cheques for personal and business use.
- Responsible for setting up internet banking and/or troubleshooting; setting up e-statements for members.
- Serve members with investment needs; identify and make quality referrals for financial planning, insurance sales, advanced investment opportunities, etc.
- Responsible for estate processing; opening the appropriate estate account, advising executors regarding requirements for administering the estate, ensuring appropriate account documentation is completed, and consult with Risk and Compliance to resolve unique and complex inquiries.
- Maintain professionalism when responding or initiate communication either verbally or written with membership.
- Enthusiastically participate in various marketing campaigns, internal committees, community involvement and image building of the Credit Union.
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma.
- Good customer service and sales experience.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s license.
- 2 years or more of Credit Union banking system experience or other financial institution equivalent is preferred.
- Background education in accounting or business administration is an asset.
- A self-motivated individual who is a quick learner and is committed to self-development and personal growth.
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal; analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- High level of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Time/priority management; planning, organizing, implementing and skills.
Our compensation includes:
- Competitive salary starting at $42,228 per year ($21.66 per hour).
- A comprehensive benefits package including employer paid Health, Dental, Employee & Family Assistance Program, virtual telehealth provider, and yearly Health Care Spending Account.
- Group life, dependent life, disability, and critical illness insurance.
- Employer matched pension program.
- A variable base (bonus) pay program.
- Yearly educational allowance for on-going professional development.
- Paid vacation and personal days upon hire.
- Staff rates on Encompass Credit Union products and services.
Our closing date is April 5, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for pre-employment assessments and interviews.
About Encompass Credit Union
We are a Credit Union. A credit union is a member-owned financial cooperative, controlled by its members and operated on the principle of people helping people; providing its members credit at competitive rates and high quality service for all of their financial needs. And for those members who prefer to do things on their own time, we have the technology they need to do everything from home; even account openings, loans, and investments!
As a not-for-profit organization, we take pride in our communities and see the benefits of giving back through grants, scholarships and community project funding. Our profits are given back to our members each fiscal year. We also value community involvement and actively participate in various local fundraisers and charity events throughout the year. We make a difference in the world around us.