Early Childhood Educator
Casual hours with anticipated transition to full time hours
Wage: $18 (Additional Alberta wage top-up may apply for all hours working directly with children)
The Wainwright MFRC is seeking an adaptable and highly motivated Early Childhood Educator for our daycare program. The daycare program is a one room mixed age group centre, providing care to children aged 19 months – 6 years old. Shifts will be on call, with anticipated full time hours.
· Must have a Level 2 or Level 3 Alberta Child Development Certification
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Current First Aid Certification, or the willingness and commitment to obtain certification within three months
· Satisfactory Intervention Record Check and Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector Checks, if over the age of 18
· Ability to plan and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities based on the individual interests, needs, and abilities, of children.
· Demonstrates initiative and creativity to engage children and families
· Demonstrates patience and impartiality especially when working with children and families
· Effective time management and efficiency with tasking
· Effective written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, diplomacy and tact as well as a personal and professional respect for confidentiality
· Fluency in both English and French, oral and written
· Experience/knowledge in the non-profit sector
· Experience/knowledge of the issues and challenges facing Canadian Armed Forces families
Anticipated start date: ASAP
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Forward cover letter and resume quoting competition # 21-06 to:
Caitlyn McKillop, Child Care Director
Box 29, Denwood, AB T0B 1B0
Phone: 780-842-1363 Ext. 1253 Fax: 780-842-1876